Special Needs Arts Programs, Inc., (SNAP) is a private, non-profit human service organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities through direct involvement in the arts and music. Sing Along Chorus brings together individuals with special needs to participate in singing and social activities. Sing Along Chorus has two groups; one group rehearses on Monday evenings and the other group on Wednesday evenings. The Piano Accompanist is responsible for providing piano accompaniment, assisting the Music Director for the Fall and Spring session, helping with special events, and occasionally filling in for the Music Director in their absence.
The job requirements include:
• Attend rehearsals and accompany the Chorus every Monday and Wednesday evening from September through June. Arrival is at 6:30pm and play to stay until 8:45pm.
• Accompany the Chorus at Fall and Spring concerts, fundraisers, and community events.
• Fill in for the Music Director in their absence
• Piano accompanist should be proficient at sight-reading with some experience in basic improvisation and transposition of music.
• Assist with organization and set up at rehearsals and special events.
• Provide friendship and support for the chorus members.